Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Smith Act

This article is fictional. It is dialog from an unpublished screenplay, where a fictional character called "John" researches 9/11 and questions the legitimacy of government.

I, Alexander Baker, do not wish to advocate, abet, advise, nor teach the duty, necessity, desirability, nor propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States nor the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, nor the government of any political subdivision therein, by force nor violence, nor by the assassination of any officer of any such government; and

I, Alexander Baker, do not intend to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, I have not printed, published, edited, issued, circulated, sold, distributed, nor publicly displayed any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, nor propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force and/or violence, nor attempted to do so, and

I, Alexander Baker do not wish to organize nor help nor attempt to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, and/or encourage the overthrow and/or destruction of any such government by force and/or violence; nor do I wish to become nor am I a member of, nor am I affiliated with, any such society, group, and/or assembly of persons, and I do not know the purposes thereof.

No comments: